|English||International Gourmet Organization|
Ichiryu (formerly, deceased)
United Nations (formerly)
|Base of Operations||IGO Headquarters|
|[v · t · e]|
The International Gourmet Organization (国際グルメ機構 Kokusai Gurume Kikō), or IGO, is the global organization responsible for maintaining order in the Gourmet Age, and defending civilians from dangerous animals and gourmet criminals. It administers the "Eight Gourmet Laws", and possibly other food-related laws, in the territories under its jurisdiction.
In the Gourmet Age, the IGO originally started out as a specialized department of the United Nations, but due to a high demand for gourmet ingredients, it would end up becoming its own organization and gaining more influence than even the United Nations, with a total of 360 members, far exceeding the United Nations' member count. The IGO's staff and leadership include many individuals of renowned strength and skill.
IGO's operating funds are collected from member nations in the form of a heavy Gourmet Tax. In exchange for member nations paying the tax, the IGO secures for them a stable supply of gourmet ingredients. Food is also distributed to non-member nations that are too poor to pay the Gourmet Tax, using proceeds from betting at the 1st Biotope's coliseum. The existence of the coliseum is used as a bribe to keep world leaders placated and silent regarding the program, which would likely outrage the heavily-taxed citizens of IGO member states. To further maintain the secrecy of the program, the charity food drops take place under cover of darkness on Christmas Eve each year, and make use of IGO members' and affiliates' personal beasts rather than traditional transport. Mansam lists the three main duties of the IGO as:
- The discovery of new ingredients.
- The research and development of said ingredients.
- The circulation of food and the public order.
IGO has established various places to perform their operations on Human World, as well as another one at Gourmet World and other facilities under their jurisdiction, but it has a main location that works as its main base of operations:
- Gourmet Coliseum
- Gourmet Research Laboratory
- IGO Headquarters
- Three Great Gourmet Prisons
- Surprise Island
- IGO Defense Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Ray, a young man with shoulder-length black hair, eye-shadow on his eyelids, and a long dark robe. Among his duties are overseeing the IGO Bureau of Defense Management and taking care of "Nitro" that appear in the Human World.
- IGO Business Bureau
- The director of this bureau was Uumen Umeda, a middle aged man with sunglasses and a distinctive 5 'o' clock shadow. He is the one who commissioned Toriko to retrieve the Galala Gator in the beginning of the series. He was in truth a NEO spy and eventually defected from the IGO, but not before murdering many of its directors.
- IGO Administration Bureau
- The director of this bureau was Wyne, a young man with flat brown hair and glasses. He reported on the damage done to the IGO Biotopes. He was one of the directors murdered by Uumen Umeda.
- IGO Financial Affairs Bureau
- The director of this bureau was Bull, an old man with many scars and a mustache. He was one of the directors murdered by Uumen Umeda.
- IGO Public Relations Bureau
- The director of this bureau was Naroid, a dark-skinned man in a business suit. His duties was to keep the integrity of the IGO clean within the public eye and keep its "dirty laundry" from being revealed. He was one of the directors murdered by Uumen Umeda.
- IGO Judicial Affairs Bureau
- The director of this bureau was Glass, a middle-aged man with a dark burn covering part of his face. He oversees the Gourmet Police, although when Ichiryu and Yosaku went to Honey Prison, also overseen by the Judicial Affairs Bureau, he calls Glass useless for not being able to get Zebra released. He was one of the directors murdered by Uumen Umeda.
Main Staff/ Board of Committee Edit
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
|Board of Committee||Mansam (President) • Rin (Gourmet Research Chief) • Ray (Defense Bureau Director) • Johannes (Food Development Department Chief)|
|Gourmet Seven||Patch • Apalon • Kitt • Painomi|
|Employees & Others||Elboh • Giraffebirds • Hana • Komatsu • Komorou • Marilyn • Macher • Morton • Rikky • Smith • Toru|
|Former Members||Ichiryu (President, deceased) • Shigematsu (Vice President, defected) • Uumen Umeda (Director, defected) • Wyne (Director, deceased) • Glass (Director, deceased) • Bull (Director, deceased) • Naroid (Director, deceased) • Thor (Police Captain, deceased) • Nomarch (G7, defected) • Toppo (G7, defected) • Ahmon (G7, defected)|
|Biotopes||1st Biotope • 2nd Biotope • 3rd Biotope • 4th Biotope • 5th Biotope • 6th Biotope • 7th Biotope • 8th Biotope • 0th Biotope (unofficial)|
|Other Facilities||IGO Headquarters • IGO Bureau of Defense Management • 18th Barrier • Three Great Gourmet Prisons • Surprise Island • Gourmet Coliseum • Gourmet Research Laboratory|
|Related Articles||Gourmet Summit • Gourmet Tax • Eight Gourmet Laws • IGO Chef Ranking • Gourmet Police • Gourmet Security Guards|
|Four Heavenly Kings|
|Four Heavenly Kings||Toriko • Coco • Sunny • Zebra|
|Animal Partners||Terry Cloth • Ob • Kiss • Quinn • Dharma Horse (temporary) • Octo-chan • Denshark (temporary) • Crabbus (temporary) • Turtloon (temporary) • Battleship Pufferfish (temporary) • Walrhouse (temporary) • Submarjack (temporary)|
|Support Group||0th Biotope • Aimaru • Brunch • Chichi • Chin Chinchin • Chiru • Chiyo • Damala Sky XIII • Gourmet Knights • Gourmet Yakuza • IGO • Jiji • Jiro • Johannes • Kaka • Komatsu • Livebearer • Mansam • Match • Melk the Second • Morijii • Pukin • Rin • Setsuno • Shokurin Temple • Shuu • Starjun • Takimaru • Teppei • Tom • Tylan • Underground Cooking World • Wabutora • Yuda • Yun|
|Related Articles||Toriko's Sweets House • Coco's House • Sunny's Helicopter • Full Course Menus • Allies|