The International Gourmet Organization, or IGO, is the global organization responsible for maintaining order in the Gourmet Age, and defending civilians from dangerous animals and gourmet criminals. It administers the "Eight Gourmet Laws", and possibly other food-related laws, in the territories under its jurisdiction.
In the Gourmet Age, the IGO is said to have become more important than the United Nations. The IGO's staff and leadership include many individuals of renowned strength and skill.
IGO's operating funds are collected from member nations in the form of a heavy 'Gourmet Tax'. In exchange for member nations paying the tax, the IGO secures for them a stable supply of gourmet ingredients. Food is also distributed to non-member nations that are too poor to pay the Gourmet Tax, using proceeds from betting at the 1st Biotope's coliseum. The existence of the coliseum is used as a bribe to keep world leaders placated and silent regarding the program, which would likely outrage the heavily-taxed citizens of IGO member states. To further maintain the secrecy of the program, the charity food drops take place under cover of darkness on Christmas Eve each year, and make use of IGO members' and affiliates' personal beasts rather than traditional transport. Mansam lists the three main duties of the IGO as:
- The discovery of new ingredients.
- The research and development of said ingredients.
- The circulation of food and the public order.
- IGO Defense Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Rei, a young man with shoulder-length black hair, eye-shadow on his eyelids, and a long dark robe. Among his duties are taking care of "Nitro" that appear in the Human World.
- IGO Business Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Uumen Umeda, a middle aged man with sunglasses and a distinctive 5 'o' clock shadow. He is the one who commissioned Toriko to retrieve the Galala Gator in the beginning of the series.
- IGO Administration Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Wyne, a young man with flat brown hair and glasses. He reports on the damage done to the IGO Biotopes.
- IGO Financial Affairs Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Bull, an old man with many scars and a mustache.
- IGO Public Relations Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Naroid, a dark-skinned man in a business suit. His duties is to keep the IGO intergity of the IGO in the public eye and keep its dirty laundry from being revealed.
- IGO Judicial Affairs Bureau
- The director of this bureau is Gras, a middle-aged man with a dark burn covering part of his face. He oversees the Gourmet Police, although when Ichiryuu and Yosaku went to Honey Prison, also overseen by the Judicial Affairs Bureau, he calls Glass useless for not being able to get Zebra released.
Main Staff/ Board of Committee Edit
|Board of Committee|
|President Ichiryuu||Development Bureau Director Mansam||Defense Bureau Director Rei||Public Relations Bureau Director Naroid||Food Development Department Chief Johannes|
|Employees and Others|
|IGO Beast Tamer Rin||Gourmet Police Captain Toll||18th Barrier Surveillance Chief Elboh||Hotel Gourmet Manager Smith||Hotel Gourmet Head Chef Komatsu|
|Gourmet Prison Staff|
|Warden Love||Assistant Warden Ohban||Receptionist Chupali||Captain of the Guards Pricom||Execution Beasts|
|Shigematsu (defected)||Uumen Umeda (defected)||Administration Bureau Director Wyne (deceased)||Judicial Affairs Bureau Director Glass (deceased)||Financial Affairs Bureau Director Bull (deceased)|
|President & Vice President||Ichiryuu • Shigematsu (defected)|
|Directors||Mansam • Rei • Uumen Umeda (defected) • Wyne (deceased) • Glass (deceased) • Bull (deceased) • Naroid|
|Gourmet Seven||Patch • Apalon • Kitt • Painomi • Nomarch • Toppo • Ahmon|
|Employees & Others||Rin • Johannes • Toll • Rikky • Elboh • Smith • Komatsu|
|Biotopes||1st Biotope • 2nd Biotope • 3rd Biotope • 4th Biotope • 5th Biotope • 6th Biotope • 7th Biotope • 8th Biotope • 0th Biotope (unofficial)|
|Other Facilities||IGO Headquarters • Three Great Gourmet Prisons • Surprise Island • Gourmet Coliseum • Gourmet Research Laboratory|
|Related Articles||Gourmet Summit • Gourmet Tax • Eight Gourmet Laws • IGO Chef Ranking • Gourmet Police|