The Human World (人間界 Ningen-kai) is where Humans reside and it is the main setting of Toriko and where the majority of the story takes place. The Human World takes up only 30% of the planet's surface while the other 70% is known as the Gourmet World, a vast and dangerous realm where no regular human would dare tread. The Human World also has a total population of 31.2 billion people.
The Human World's countries and culture are somewhat similar to those of Earth in terms of society and structure, however the world completely revolves around food, with cities and countries having mostly restaurants and rare Ingredients as their primary source of income and even food-themed architecture is quite prevalent, with the most notable food-themed city being Gourmet Town, which is the largest city in the Human World.
The Human World has a strict set of laws known as the "Eight Gourmet Laws" which were designated by the IGO, as such even the theft of food or performing any food-related crime is considered a terrible act, and the punishment for doing so will result in the accused being sent to one of the Three Great Gourmet Prisons.
In the Human World, the main form of currency is mainly referred to as "Yen" (the name of Japanese currency in the real world) and functions much like real yen does. The only difference is that all currency has food imprinted on it, such as notes having a picture of "meat on the bone". Almost all gourmet ingredients and related items are incredibly expensive and some are worth more than even the most priceless gems.
The Human World has numerous monarchs and political figures which reign over different countries in the Human World and most of the countries are part of the United Nations (much like in the real world), however the primary power of the world appears to be the global organization IGO. The IGO is mainly responsible for the mass production of most of the world's ingredients, keeping civilians safe from dangerous beasts, and farming certain plants and beasts in their Biotopes in order to produce and improve ingredients. Because of their importance to the Gourmet Age, the IGO is viewed highly in the world and appears to hold even more power than the United Nations. However not all countries are affiliated with the IGO, a notable example being the crime infested kingdom of Jidal.
While some parts of the Human World's terrain is similar to Earth, there are regions which are extremely dangerous and appear to border on the impossible by our world's standards. Such examples would include the extraordinarily cold and deadly continent of Ice Hell, the massive vegetable garden growing in the clouds known as Vegetable Sky, the nearly bottomless canyon known as Heavy Hole which is known for its intense level of gravity and most notably the numerous locations around the world which are in actuality ingredients themselves, such as a lake made completely of sweet jelly, the forest of chocolate Chocolate Fon-jyu and the frozen and tasty mountain range of Ice Cream Mountain. It should also be noted that the Human World alone (not counting Gourmet World) is vastly larger than Earth, even having continents that are twice the size of Eurasia and these make up only less than 10% of the planet's surface area.
The flora and fauna of the Human World is definitely far from similar to those of Earth as large and powerful beasts are known to inhabit different parts of the Human World, even some plants are known to be carnivorous and posses abilities and features that makes them seem more like animals, however these creatures, despite their impressive strength, are far from being anywhere near as strong as the creatures of Gourmet World which are known to be horrifyingly powerful. The strongest creature in the Human World has a capture level of 100, and is used as a benchmark for other Capture Levels. Although not all the creatures and plants of the Human World are known to be vicious as there are some that posses unique and sometimes helpful abilities which can even aid the sickly, such as the animals from the country of Life.
- Near the center of the Human World's map is a group of continents positioned similarly to the landmasses in our world although with mostly different shapes.