|Four Heavenly Kings|
The 4 tag team
|Name||Four Heavenly Kings|
|Romanji||Four Heavenly Kings|
|Relatives||Ichiryuu (adoptive parent)|
Refer tags: Toriko, Coco, Sunny, Zebra
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|[v · t · e]|
The Four Heavenly Kings (四天王 Shitennou) is the name commonly given to the group formed by Toriko, Coco, Sunny and Zebra. They all are incredibly powerful Bishokuya who were trained since childhood by IGO president Ichiryuu.
The Four Heavenly Kings are some of the most renowned, powerful, and influential Bishokuya that have ever existed. Before the beginning of the story, the four trained from a very young age together under the tutelage of Ichiryuu, who also presumably implanted them with Gourmet Cells. Having endured incredibly harsh training the four grew into superhuman Bishokuya. By the time of the current story, each member has become individually renowned in their own unique ways. Toriko becomes famous for discovering and catagorizating new ingredients; although mainly for his own enjoyment, as opposed to forwarding knowledge. Sunny became famous for his vanity, as well as his Bishokuya skills. Coco eventually decided to quit the Bishokuya life and live in semi-selculsion near Gourmet Fortune; this was partly to escape the attention of IGO scientists who wanted to examine his body's poison abilities. Zebra's monstrous power and appetite eventually made him an infamous criminal and one-man natural disaster; his wiping out of whole species dramatically affected ecosystems, changed the course of wars, and threw whole nations and economies into turmoil.
Although they trained together and complement each other's abilities, the Four Heavenly Kings are reluctant to band together for any reason. This is mostly due to petty personality conflicts, rivalries, or reluctance to share food. Toriko believes that Komatsu, who has grown close to each of the four, is the key to eventually reuniting them.
Each of the Four Heavenly Kings have honed one of their five senses to extreme levels :
- Toriko- Smell (to the point of being able to smell other creatures fluids or scents from several kilometers away)
- Coco- Eyesight (to the point of being able to see in the dark and perceive the electomagnetic waves of his targets)
- Sunny-Touch (to the point of being able to use every one of his hairs as individual feelers to sense any structure around him)
- Zebra- Hearing (to the point of sensing vibrations and sounds from several kilometers away and being able to locate himself and his targets through echolocation)
It goes without saying that the fifth sense (taste) has been heightened greatly due to the large amounts of food the four have consumed, though still a far cry from the taste skills of the Gourmet Seven. For example, Toriko was able to determine some of the ingredients in Century Soup by tasting it once.
Each of the Four Heavenly Kings have been implanted with Gourmet Cells that have given them superhuman abilities. They are:
- Toriko - Superhuman Strength; Intuitive Learning Capabilities; Apetite Energy Projection; Autophagy
- Coco - Poison Generation; Poison Crystallization; Excessive Anti-Body Possession; Anti-Body Production
- Sunny - Own Hair Manipulation; Rapid Hair Growth; Hair Constructions; Extremely Durable Hair
- Zebra - Sound Generation; Sound Manipulation; Sound Perception; Excessive Strength; Anger Energy Source
Each of the Four Heavenly Kings have an animal partner, powerful beasts (with unmeasurable capture level) that have been tamed and now work with them acting as their companions. Zebra and the Dharma Horse are a possible exception as it was "lent" by the Dharma-Hermit to Zebra.
- Toriko - A Battle Wolf named Terry Cloth
- Coco - An Emperor Crow named Kiss
- Sunny - A Mother Snake named Quinn
- Zebra - A Dharma Horse, whose name is still unknown
|Four Heavenly Kings|
- The term "Four Heavenly Kings" or Shitennou was used in Japan as a title for the four strongest and most loyal vassals of various famed warlords, including Minamoto Yorimitsu, Takeda Shingen and Tokugawa Ieyasu. The term is likely a nod to the mythological Four Divine Beasts of Si Ling, common in China and Japan.
|Four Heavenly Kings|
|Four Heavenly Kings||Toriko • Coco • Sunny • Zebra|
|Animal Partners||Terry Cloth • Kiss • Quinn • Dharma Horse|
|Related Articles||Komatsu • Toriko's Sweets House • Coco's House • Sunny's Helicopter • Full Course Menus • Allies|