|The Well Mellowed 7-Colored Fruit Juice! Pick the Rainbow Fruit!|
|Romaji||Hōjun naru Nanairo no Kajū! Niji no Mi wo tore!|
|Air date||April 17, 2011|
|Written by||Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro|
|Animation Work by||Toei Animation|
|Script/Screenplay by||Murayama Isao|
|Direction by||Nakao Yukihiko|
|Key Animation by||Kagawa Hisashi, Yamamuro Naoyoshi|
|Art by||Nomura Masanobu|
|Opening Theme||Guts Guts!!|
|Story Arc||Fruit Of Rainbow Arc|
|Episode TV Rating||6.7|
|Episode 2||Episode 4|
The Well Mellowed 7-Colored Fruit Juice! Pick the Rainbow Fruit! is the third episode of the Toriko anime.
The International Gourmet Organization hires Toriko to harvest the legendary Rainbow Fruit, but the famed hunter will have to prove he's tougher than an entire nest of Troll Kongs before he can finish the job!
|This article or section is a stub!|
Help Sunny and Toriko Wiki by beautifying and improving this article.
At the Gourmet Central Wholesale Marketplace, Toriko brought over a Shakurenodon he caught to be sold; which he got spotted by Tina who's keen to have an interview with him but got interrupted by Johannes . Toriko is then commissioned by the International Gourmet Organization to obtain the Rainbow Fruit, much to Komatsu's surprise. However the Rainbow Fruit trees were guarded by powerful Troll Kongs , with Capture Level of 9. Interested in the Rainbow Fruit, Toriko accepted the commission.
By blasting the wall with his Kugi Punch, Toriko entered the Biotope with Komatsu; news reporter Tina sneaks in to try and get footage of Toriko in action. Toriko encounters a scout Troll Kong and knocks him out with a Knocking Gun , since he does not kill what he does not intend to eat, however Toriko got licked and got it's scent. Toriko soon encounters a group of Troll Kongs guarding the Rainbow Fruit tree, with Komatsu clinging on his back, Toriko proceeds to perform knocking on them. As Toriko confronts them, the rain washes off the scent from the underling on his body, allowing him to use his intimidation against the others and gain dominance over its leader, the Silverback . Toriko takes a single fruit, though Tina is caught and her footage is confiscated.
Later on in Hotel Gourmet , Toriko had his meal and Rainbow Fruit jelly as a dessert served by Komatsu. Moved by the ever-changing flavors of the Rainbow Fruit, Toriko declares the Rainbow Fruit as the dessert for his full-course menu. Meanwhile, a shady figure made a premonition on Toriko's arrival.
Order of AppearanceEdit
Next Episode PreviewEdit
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
- Toriko's house and his morning routine are not shown.
- His encounter with the Sharkenodon is not shown, instead the episode starts off in the Wholesale Market and it shows a different scene showing Tina arguing with a vendor about his damaged food supply.
- The bidding for a Silver Taraba Crab was not shown.
- Toriko does not meet up with Tom in the Wholesale Market.
- The Zombie Taipans and Toriko's Cigar Branch are not shown (most likely due to censorship).
- In the manga, when the Troll Kong was knocked out, it vomited on Toriko, while in the anime it only licked him as it passed out.
- Toriko describing some of Komatsu's dishes and the quality of his restaurant is not shown.
- A bonus scene is added with the Gourmet Corp. discussing Toriko's capture of the Rainbow Fruit.
|Rainbow Fruit Arc|
| ← Galala Gator Arc|| Puffer Whale Arc →|