|Affiliation||IGO Chef Ranking,|
|[v · t · e]|
Chefs (シェフ Shefu), also known as Cooks (料理人 Ryōrinin), are individuals who are skilled in the preparation of ingredients. In the world of Toriko, chefs have a high status, which exceeds that of celebrities. According to Coco, in the Gourmet Age their influence surpasses that of politicians, religious leaders or artists. Since the most valuable things in the world of Toriko are ingredients, Chefs are held on equal grounds to them.
A Chef is considered "top-class" depending on the quality of their work and the ingredients that they can successfully prepare. Restaurants tend to be given rankings (or stars), which in turn reflects the ranking and ability of the Chef in charge.
Chefs tend to form partnerships with Gourmet Hunters, known as Combos. Just as the strongest Gourmet Hunters form Combos with the best Chefs, so that the Chef can cook the best meals, it is the same vice versa, so that the Chef can obtain the highest quality Ingredients.
Many high-ranking Chefs are also former Gourmet Hunters themselves and therefore are formidable combatants. This was observed when most of the contesting chefs stood up to challenge the invading Gourmet Corp. during the Cooking Fest.
There are four known rankings for chefs:
- Head Chef: the head of the kitchen, and the one in charge of preparing meals.
- Sous Chef (a.k.a. Vice Head Chef): generally the second in command, they are in charge when the Head Chef is absent.
- Assistant Chef: these chefs are generally the ones who assist the the Head and Sous Chef.
- Executive Chef: it is currently unknown what the ranking or ability of this position is, but within the Gourmet Corp., the Executive Chef is the highest ranking chef in the organization and stands above even the Head Chefs.
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
|Chef Goddess||Froese (deceased)|
|Top 100 Chefs (current)||Zaus • Setsuno • Brunch • Damala Sky XIII • Yuda • Anyo Jr. • CM Goron • Pippi • Kurakage • Sumire • Mitsurou • Klaraman • Three Eyes Horis • Wabutora • Chiru • Yuuji • Livebearer • Ling Chun • Tylan • Miyan • Gen-chan • Lulubhu • Kopuriko • Darin • Koyubi • Appolo • Takeshi • Mami • Rikiya • Moh • Tsurara Mama • Captain Dacko • Ton • Kamizaru • Sharon Ikki • Kumorin • Dofu • Makubee • Matthew • Muhan • Futomo • Rus • Hinga • Mappy • Emeral • Momonringa • Rai • Niis • Hesokuri • Naiyuki • Granny Kama • Nerimaru • J • Ahn • Komatsu • Meria • Otake • Ega|
|Gourmet Corp. Chefs||Dores • Kuromado • Kariu • Boneless • Mamymaron • Starjun • Grinpatch • Tommyrod • Ryoutei • Chiyo • Otake|
|Flavor Sages||Chichi • Kaka • Jiji|
|Five 10-Shell Cooks||Asarudy • Condor Window • Kakino Kish • Maymay • Picnic Bomber|
|Others||Atashino • Cumin • Cumin's Father • Joie • Komorou • Koryou • Mari • Monchy • Mon-chan • Nono • Pen • Tacchino Kawagoe • Ume|