A Chef (also known as Cooks) is a person who cooks and prepares food. In the world of Toriko, Chefs have a high status, which exceeds that of celebrities. In the Gourmet Age, their influence surpasses that of politicians, religious leaders or artists. Since the most valuable thing in the world of Toriko are Ingredients, Chefs are held on equal grounds to them.
A Chef is considered "top-class" depending on the quality of their work and the Ingredients that they can successfully prepare. Restaurants tend to be given rankings (or stars), which in turn reflects the ranking and ability of the Chef in charge.
Many Chefs are also former Bishokuya and therefore are formidable combatants. This was observed when most of the contesting Chefs stood up to challenge the invading Bishokukai during the Cooking Fest.
There are four known rankings for chefs:
- Head Chef: The head of the kitchen, and the one in charge of preparing meals.
- Sous Chef (a.k.a. Vice Head Chef): Generally the second in command, they are in charge when the Head Chef is absent.
- Assistant Chef: These chef's are generally the ones who assist the the Head and Sous Chef.
- Executive Chef: It is currently unknown what the ranking or ability of this position is, but within the Bishokukai, the Executive Chef is the highest ranking chef in the organization and stands above even the Head Chefs.
Chefs tend to form partnerships with Bishokuyas, known as Combos. Just as the strongest Bishokuyas form Combos with the best Chefs, so that the Chef can cook the best meals, it is the same vice versa, so that the Chef can obtain the highest quality Ingredients.
|Chef God and Top 100 Chefs|
|Chef God Frohze||Zaus||Setsuno||Tengu Buranchi||Damala Sky the XIII|
|Yuda||Anyo Jr.||CM Goron||Pippi||Kurakage|
|Sumire||Mitsurou||Klaraman||Three Eyes Horis||Wabutora|
|Former Top 100 Chefs|
|Chiyo (Top 5)||Ootake (99th)|
|Executive Chef Dores||Head Chef Kuromado||Sous Chef Starjun||Sous Chef Grinpatch||Sous Chef Tommyrod|
|Sous Chef Ryoutei (formerly)||Unknown Rank Chiyo||Unknown Rank Ootake|
- Komatsu: Head Chef of Hotel Gourmet; Combo of Toriko
- Setsuno: Head Chef of Setsuno Dining Hall; Combo of Jirou
- Frohze: Combo of Acacia
- Yuda: Head Chef of Zen Ou Restaurant
- Lulubhu: Head Chef of Guts
- Yuuji: Head Chef of Mogura
- Tsurara Mama: Head Chef of Tsurara
- Pen: Head Chef (and barber) of Barber Gourmet
- Ootake: Former Head Chef of Otogi Castle; Combo of Starjun
- Livebearer: Head Chef and former boss of the Underground Cooking World
- Joa: Head Chef of Jidal Kingdom Palace
- Chiyo: Former Head Chef of Disappearing Cuisine; former combo of Chin Chinchin
- Chiru: Current Head Chef of Disappearing Cuisine
- Kuromado: Head Chef of the Bishokukai
- Dores: Executive Chef of the Bishokukai
- Starjun: Sous Chef of the Bishokukai
- Grinpatch: Sous Chef of the Bishokukai
- Tommyrod: Sous Chef of the Bishokukai
- Ume: Assistant Chef
- Nono: Assistant Chef
|Chef God||Frohze (deceased)|
|Top 100 Chefs (current)||Zaus • Setsuno • Tengu Buranchi • Damala Sky XIII • Yuda • Anyo Jr. • CM Goron • Pippi • Kurakage • Sumire • Mitsurou • Klaraman • Three Eyes Horis • Wabutora • Chiru • Yuuji • Livebearer • Reishun • Tairan • Gen-chan • Lulubhu • Kopuriko • Darin • Koyubi • Appolo • Mami • Rikiya • Moh • Tsurara Mama • Ton • Kamizaru • Makubee • Granny Kama • Nerimaru • Ahn • Komatsu • Ega • Niis • Muhan|
|Bishokukai Chefs||Dores • Kuromado • Starjun • Grinpatch • Tommyrod (deceased) • Ryoutei • Chiyo • Ootake|
|Others||Atashino • Meria • Ume • Joa • Nono • Pen • Tacchino Kawagoe • Koryou • Cumin • Monchy|